100w amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stealthco4545, Oct 14, 2000.

1. I would really appreciate it if someone one could tell me where I could find a cheap 100w amp (100$ to 250$) thanks.
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    You havent given us much to go on. Bassplayer did a combo shootout and I think most of those are over your budget.
    I dont know the US secondhand market but would suggest you will struggle even then.

Try looking at your local shops and see what they have.

I personally like the Ampeg Rocket 100 but it is pricey.

3. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    For a 100 watt amp in that price range, you'll definitely be going used. As CS said, I'm not sure if that will be quite enough money at any rate. However, you might be able to find a Peavey or a Crate in that price range used. I'd save up a bit more and get either a Crate BX-100 (I got mine for $325, new) or even a bit more for a SWR Workingman's 15 (not sure what those go for used). Ampeg makes some nice 100 watt combos as well.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I paid $199 for an Ampeg B100R Rocket Bass amp. Used but looks new and sounds great.
  5. Used Gear By Mail (www.ugbm.com) has a few Peavey century amps at a little over 100 bux. They are 100 watt and will drive 2 ohm. I've got one of these and they are bulletproof.
    Look for one that says 200h module as these have a little better design than earlier versions.