1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

105Q Bass Wah Distorts Distortion Unwanted

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by yakmastermax, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Hey all

Recently been messing with my Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah pedal, and it has been distorting on me pretty bad. First item in my signal chain...

Any ideas?

2. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
    Active or passive bass?

Are you running other pedals before or after it that might be contributing?

Lastly what kind of amp are you using and on what settings, I.E. clean or dirty?

I only use wah on guitar mainly and even my hottest guitar doesn't breakup much when my amp is clean. However when I play wah into the lead channel of my tube amp it has a quasi fuzz level of snarl and breakup which sounds amazing for the right stuff.

If I had to guess I would say your bass and or amp are just too hot, try turning down a bit and seeing if it cleans up.

yakmastermax likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021