1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

105Q owners please help.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by keatz, Dec 5, 2018.

1. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    Hi, i just got a 105Q bass wah but it doesnt bypass like it is supposed when released back to the heel down position. It just stays on. Im not sure if im missing a part, but ill explain the details of my pedal and hopefully someone can let me know how it is supposed to be. I have a black rubber stopper on the bottom of the treadle heal, and a hole in the top of the base of the pedal. The rubber stopper is bigger than the hole and is also not aligned properly with the hole, as when the heel is down the edge of the hole is still showing a little.
    I managed to get it to bypass by loosely sitting a small bolt in the hole while pushing down toe side of treadle, then when the treadle released back to heel down, the rubber stopper then put pressure on the bolt in the hole which then bypassed the pedal.
    Am i missing a lug? Is the rubber stopper supposed to go inside the hole? Those with experience or a with a 105Q on hand, I'd love to know. Thanks.

Ps. It is a new pedal, but will take weeks to go through the warranty process, and i want it on my board now. I know im able to rig something up to fix it, but just wanting to know how it is supposed to work in normal operation.

2. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I had a 105Q and never had to do that to get it to bypass. Sorry but it sounds like something is wrong.

3. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    Yeah i know something is wrong, ive had one before. It seems im missing a black button from the hole, so i just need to find something to use in its place.

4. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    That rubber piece on the treadle should fit in the hole it presses a button to activate the bypass. If it doesn’t fit it needs to be repositioned or trimmed.

5. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Yeah I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is. There is a large white wheel in the heel end of the pedal on the board inside. If you remove the bottom plate you should see it pretty quickly. This controls where the wah actually activates when the treadle is rocked forward and or back. It controls the point where the wah engages on and off before and after you rock in on in other words. Mess with it till you find that spot you want it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  6. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    Ive already messed with that control, it doesnt fix the problem. It conrols how long it stays active after release, but mine doesnt bypass at all unless something is presed inside the hole under the heel

7. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    I thought that might be the case too, but someone told me that their rubber is also bigger than their hole, but they have a black button sticking out the hole that the rubber presses. I just have an empty hole and missing the little grommit that the rubber pushes on.

8. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    hmm, well that sucks. I guess maybe try finding a rubber foot off another pedal?? Trim it down if need be...

9. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    I’ll look at mine when I get home but I’m thinking mine just has a hole. Mine is the mini 105q thought and I can’t remember what the full size looked like.

10. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    Ok so ive decided im just going to send it in for warranty and stop being impatient. Its just that the wah was the last piece to my puzzle to finish off my new custom board which is being cabled up professionally(by a friend). received_330014384246545. received_317955522146777. IMG_20181124_203131_265.