$1099.....good price for new Cirrus-4 and case?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Predator23, Dec 23, 2000.

1. Predator23

Dec 18, 2000
    I'm on the verge of buying this thing (had it taken off the wall and put on hold) and I was wondering if this is a good price. Any owners out there ? How much did you pay ? It does come with a REALLLLLLLLLY nice Peavey case (green velvet or something on the inside) which I am estimating to be like $150 since it is of such high quality.

So actually the bass itself is app. $950-$1000

Should I go for it ? They aren't exactly selling them on ebay (no one in their right mind would sell one of these basses used ;-)

THANKS !!!!!
  2. First of all, the "list" price of the case is $119. Being that you are buying the bass to put in the case, they should sell the case at cost (appx 50%, tax not included). If you were just buying the case then that would be another story. As far as the bass is concerned, 70% of "list" price (tax is included) is not unreasonable. The "list" price on the bass is $1450.
    70% of that is $1015 plus $80 for the case (remember, tax added on the case). That totals $1095 (close to what you were quoted). That total should be including tax. If so then you are getting a fair deal!!!
  3. SardaukarElite

Dec 23, 2000
    Go for it, its a fare deal!
  4. Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    While a fair price,its nothing to get excited about at 70% off.60% off is fairly common.Especially this time of year with all the sales going on.Id search around a bit more.Im sure you can do better by 150-200 for both case and bass.Try BNW.They have alot of their stock on sale now.Good luck!
  5. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Most Cirrus basses in Tampa-St. Pete are $1,200 to $1,400. We have three music stores here so I imagine you can play one off the other. Your price seems fair.
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Keep in mind that there's the "list" price, which is then marked down by the dealer to maybe 75% of list, then there is what you have to pay. Bigger stores can easily take it down to 65% of list and still make a fair profit. However, I'd say you're getting a good, fair price (which I sometimes settle for), but not a killer deal.

Be aware that the really big chains like Guitar Center will occasionally sell stuff "below cost". It's just that they buy such huge quantities that they can negotiate lower wholesale prices than that given to lower volume dealers. In fact, GC keeps many of their vendors in business ... losing the GC account would be the death knell for many suppliers, particularly in the accessories area. Of course, we're not talking about GC here, because you're buying Peavey, who sticks to more of the "mom 'n' pop" type stores. Nothing wrong with that.
  7. b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    i got my cirrus for $1050...great price and still love the bass
  8. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    That is a very fair price, buy it. Since it is new from an authorized dealer you also have a 5 year warranty.

9. BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    anyone know were I can buy a cirrus four string online?