Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

10k - A TB Milestone

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BigBohn, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Brad Johnson

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. embellisher

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  3. john turner

47 vote(s)
    66.2%
  1. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    As John, Jeff and Brad inch closer and closer to the lucrative and elusive spot of 10,000 posts, I can only think how far TB has come, even in the short time I've been here.

So, in honor of those brave 3 soldiers, I would like to make a bet! :D Who will make it to 10k first?

Statistics-wise and personally, I'm going to have to go with JT purely for his determination in beating out the other 2 just for braggin rights, and the fact that he's currently in first with approx. 9300 posts. Who's your bet?

2. JT. 700 posts won't be a problem for him now that he's got a new bass to brag about.

3. Wow! This is a tough one. I really don't know. Any one of these three intelligent, dignified, responsible cornerstones of their respective communities could grab the brass ring. I just can't say.

Did I mention that each one of them is my best friend? :D

Seriously I just don't know. May the best puppy win.

On a similar, but, slightly different note, did anyone notice that big no man's land gap between Bruce Linfield @ 8111 posts, and Rickbass @ 5476 ?
    No one is in the 6 - 7000 range. Strange.

Mike J.

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    JT will take the 10k first for sure!

5. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Everyone's betting on JT it seems... No one wants to take a long shot on this one.

6. i'm hoping paul forgot to program for 10,000 posts a la the Y2K bug and whoever hits it first starts over. :D

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

But what if you started deleting your own posts - would you then go to minus figures? :confused:

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I voted Brad... I have seen him posting a lot lately and he also just got some new toys.

9. I don't know, all I know is that I want to pass Brendan and Rickbass.

I'm close, dammit!!:D

Rock on
    Eric

10. Bruce Lindfield

You'll never catch me though !! ;)

11. Yeah, I know. But I'm going damn fast, and I'm only about 150 away from Brendan, which means I could pass him if he went away for a few days.

Rock on
    Eric

12. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Thats all you can hope for if you want to pass someone on here. If their internet goes down or their computer crashes or some other event that prevents them from making posts.

Evolution started as organisms becoming more adaptive to their surroundings to live longer than other organisms, now we're just beating eachother out by how many times we can click "submit reply". The rapid degradation of human society is upon us.

:p

13. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I can make that happen...

PM me for price and details!

;) :D

14. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    i'm going to beat you all.. yeah thats right.. me... all I have to do is do about 1,000 post a day for the next 8 days.. no problem.. i can do it.. forget practicing, food, and class. i want recognition :)

15. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Wow. Im the only one who voted for Jeff.

16. Bruce Lindfield

Yeah but I bet JT can delete or close your useless threads/posts quicker than you can write them! :D

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    JT of course...

;)

...it just fits in with the whole "my bass has more strings than yours" and "my amp is the size of a house" attitude. Y'know...covering up for his other inadequacies.....not to mention the poor taste in sweaters, octopus-inspired lampage, gratitious images of clothes washer and dryer, and oral and rectal bleeding...:eek:

(you just hadda be there :D)

18. Thanks for sharing that, Gard. More info than I needed. :D

I was going to lunch, but, now I'm not so hungry. :p

19. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    I voted JT, but it'll still take him the better part of two months to hit the 10K mark....

I give embellisher almost 80 days and the other guy three full months....

It's not really a race at that rate...like Lance at the Tour de France.

20. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Anytime Mikey!

:D

So, how is the TB-Atlanta/Gard diet working for you???? ;)