"11/16" size holes for standard tuners

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BassMan257, Feb 18, 2006.

1. hey, Im building a bass at the moment, and i need to know what in the gall dang world warmoth means when they say that their tuners holes are drilled "11/16" for standard tuners" Does that mean that the tuners are supposed to be 11/16"?!?!? and what i think is hilarious, is that they say 11/16"... and then all their dimiensions for their tuners are in millimeters! IT KILLS ME... WHY NOT HAVE THEM BOTH IN AT LEAST THE SAME MEASUREING SYSTEM!?!?!?!

it says that for 25 bucks you can have them drilled for ultralights and g7or something or others... I want the BML tuners... its not mentioned anywhere if they are "standard" or anything... its really peaving me off...

so if anyone has any information i would appreciate it greatly...

Ive spent more than 45 minutes getting my neck order ready and my parts... and then i come to this... what am i supposed to do? its not like i can call them or anything.. its hard enough to get in contact with them during the week, so now i have to spend all this time on making an orderform to fax, rather than just ordering online...

sorry.. just needed to vent.. please help
  2. orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    The Schallers are measured in mm. The post is 14 and the grommet is 17.5 which is just a hair larger than 11/16" (which is the required size for a standard 1/2" tuner). I would talk to them before ordering if you want those tuners.

3. where can i find a standard 1/2" tuner on their site?

Its not mentioned anywhere... I mean, I dont want to pay extra to get holes cut for the tuners i want... I figure i could just go out and buy some somewhere else...

(oh yes, and I dont know where "somewhere else" is)
  4. orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    You can order Hipshots in Classic (closer to the BMLs) or Ultralites with a 1/2" shaft. www.bestbassgear.com or I probably have some if you want.

Seeing as the GB7 and the Schallers are all they have on their site, the BMLs might very well work. I have installed the BML Lites (a bugger) but not the BMLs so I am not positive.

Fenders are 1/2".

I love Hipshot, but you might be able to clear it up with a call to Warmoth.
  5. Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I have called them about 50 times, and spoke to a human being in about 15 seconds each time. I'm not sure what your problem is.
  6. spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston

They've been pretty responsive no matter how I've contacted them (phone or e-mail). I love their necks...