1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

12 Month payments from AMS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by angrypanda, May 18, 2011.

1. Got an email today, American Musical offering their no credit check no interest 12 month payment plan for Fender basses.

Thinking about that American deluxe jazz for only 133 a month instead of shelling out 1699 cash.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Just to be clear, only the 3 month plan requires no credit check. The 12 month requires credit check. Language from their site: ""12 Payment plan will need credit approval."

3. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Actually this 12 month plan calls for you to use your own credit card. They just apply 12 monthly payments to it.

American Musical Supply-Musical Instruments, Guitars, Amps, Mics, Cables & Recording Studio Gear

Here's the important fine print:

12 Easy Payments
    If your order is between $750.00 and $3000, your credit card will be billed in 12 equal payments, every 31 days, starting on the day your order is shipped. 12 Payment plan will need credit approval.

12 Easy Payments available on select products from these vendors
    Korg, Roland, Fender, Gibson, Guild, Jackson, EVH.

Bob

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If you do it, make sure you are in position to still make the payments if you run into unexpected issues. In other words, paying $133 monthly should not be a strain on your finances in order for this to make sense.

5. I know, I called and there is no credit check on the 12 month plan, and I am fully aware of using your own credit card, I have been ordering from AMS for over 10 years.

When it comes to having a Daughter starting College in the fall and a mortgage I would rather spend 133 a month then tie up 1699.99 in cash. If anyone thinks Im white trash so saying that then I am glad they can live in their parents basement and buy 1700 basses all the time! LOL

6. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    The only fender jazz 5 it applies to is the sunburst model. The others are 5 payment plan.

7. john grey

john grey

Apr 19, 2011
    Oracle, Arizona
    If you have some money on your card you are getting hit with a vig. It would be one thing if you had a near or empty card; but if you have a few bucks you're paying on that card you'd still get a interest wouldn't you?

8. No you can use a debit card with the mastercard or visa log, that way you don't pay interest. The 12 month plan seems to only be available to ones in stock.

9. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Use this method for almost everything.
    Short term loan, no interest.
    Free ship.
    Free 12 more months of warranty(most things)
    What's not to like?