12 new members to join the country music hall of fame

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Trent-35, Jul 10, 2001.

1. NASHVILLE - The CMA has announced the 12 luminaries who will become the newest members of the coveted Country Music Hall of Fame. The 12 honorees include 10 special inductees selected earlier this year and two new members normally scheduled to be inducted for 2001. The special inductees are: The Delmore Brothers, The Everly Brothers, Don Gibson, Homer and Jethro, Waylon Jennings, The Jordanaires, Don Law, The Louvin Brothers, Ken Nelson and Webb Pierce. Bill Anderson is the 2001 inductee in the Open Category, and Sam Phillips is being honored in the Non-performer Category. Formal induction for the 12 new members will take place during special ceremonies at a dinner Oct. 4 in Nashville. The honorees will also be recognized during the "35th Annual CMA Awards" Wednesday, Nov. 7 on CBS-TV.
    Finally! Webb Pierce should have been in the hall of fame 30 years ago, but he had too many enemies in high places. I'm a Webb fanatic! I perform alot of Webb and Bill Anderson songs, though the Bill Anderson tunes are easier for me to pull off vocally. I'm really happy Whisperin' Bill got in, but i think maybe Porter Wagoner or Carl Smith should have got the nod ahead of him. The Louvin brothers are long overdue inductees as well. Trent