Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

12" specs for V4 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Persuader, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Persuader

Persuader

Feb 7, 2001
    upstate,ny
    For the music i play(60's),a 12 seems to do it best,whether it be an sb12 ampeg or a v4 cab thru my friend's svt... my higher octave notes come out strong ,much better than the svt 610 i'm trying (too much low end.

The v4 has mismatched guitar speakers,so what would be a good 12 to put in?

dimensions are;10.5 deep
    25 1/4 wide
    28.5 high

I will be using a B25B or the borrowed SVT for amps

THANKS.

2. I was looking at doing the same kind of thing, and originally looked at Eminence, but I think you'd do better to contact Ted Weber at Weber VST and talk to him. He'll be able to custom make a speaker that will work great and probably get you exactly what you want.

http://www.webervst.com/

Chris

3. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    I second Chris - I know a guy who put two Weber California 12's with bass cones in a 70's Sound City 2x12 cab. He loves them.

Weber knows speakers like nobody else knows speakers.

4. I put four Eminence Delta 12's in a Roland cab with great results. I used the 16 ohm version from Parts Express so the total impedance would be 4 ohms.

Sounds pretty good, even reasonably decent on the low B.

I gotta recommend Parts Express, Good prices, great customer service. Everything I've ordered from them shipped right away.

The V4 cab had a great reputation for guitar and I think it'll do okay for bass, it is still sealed back isn't it?

5. Persuader

Persuader

Feb 7, 2001
    upstate,ny
    Yes Bill it is a sealed cab from the 70's and built like a tank with 9 ply and some of the most impressive inside bracing i've seen on any cab! Size is about the same as an HLF being 30" tall.

Parts ex's speaker calculation was for a delta 12, but i'm looking at all options.
    Also; does anyone have ideas on how much damping material should be inside...there's some on the back wall maybe 2" thick.

6. I pack all my cabs full of Dacron polyester from Walmart. I just leave a little space around the speaker itself, using a few staples here and there to hold it in place.

I ran the numbers with the program from Parts Express but it's been a couple of years so I don't remember. I think I got an F3 in the upper 40's or low 50's which isn't great but isn't necessarily bad either. The Delta's are fairly efficient and they sound smooth.

I kinda wish I had a V4 cab to go with my V4 head. But my head's wider, its 26.5 wide on the outside.

7. Persuader

Persuader

Feb 7, 2001
    upstate,ny
    Thanks for the info Bill

i got 4.25 cu ft for the cab vol.
    those measurements were taken inside

and i just measured the cab width...27 inches,as it went with the v4 guitar head.