1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

12 string bass opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Nov 16, 2000.

1. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I am looking for opinions from people who have owned or currently own a 12 string. Is the new Chandler Tom Patterson model that good? Is the Hamer "acoustic look" better sounding than the standard Hamer 12? I want to get my Kings X and Cheap Trick jones satisfied, so want to buy a 12 sometime soon. However, not that many stores carry 12's in their normal inventory, so trying them out is a challenge. Thanks in advance for the replys.

2. one of the members here has a page called http://www.12stringbass.com check that out it has some info

i have a musicvox 12 i don't play it a ton but i love it when i do they are at http://www.musicvox.com and if i am not mistaking they are a lot cheaper that the hamer 12's
    i think there is a write up about it in the reviews section on talkbass.com

3. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Gloucester County, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    Check out the Galveston. I'm very happy with mine, and they're quite affordable.

Here's one on a dutch auction on eBay - I bought mine from this seller, and was very happy with the service and speed of delivery.

No commercial endorsements, just a happy owner.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
  5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I can't opine on 12-strings, but I sampled the gorgeous Washburn Custom XB908 8-string at Manny's and was instantly hooked. Deep blue finish over quilted maple and ash; bird's eye maple neck with abalone inlays; ten-ton tone and even sounded great slapped. If only I had $1350.