Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassampegman, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Hurray my 1210 has arrived, first impressions are excellent and everything the other reviews say it is.

One thing im not sure about is this, as i can only use 1 x 4ohm cab ( which is fine sound wise ) do i have the 1210 on the floor and amp on top looks kind off small !! or sit the 1210 on a crate ?? !! but surely i would lose my bass sound if i did that , what do you other users think, and dont suggest another 1210 !! as i can only run 4 ohms.

Jorg is excellent and very helpful to deal with, i look forward to gigging the 1210 in about a weeks time, now what do i do with my Ampeg cabs ????

I am now playing my Ashdown EVO300 with the 1210 sounds really good.

2. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Another convert - man, I'd personally say, do what I do - I stand the Schroeder up on end! I have the angled 10 firing toward the floor. Then again, I have nicely reflective hardwood floors so the punch is extra-nice. If I had carpet, I'd probably point the 10 up at me. My iAmp head fits nicely on top when the 1210 is upended, too, it's all about the size of a 1x15 combo that way.
  3. Yes i did try that my Ashdown EVO300 does sit ok if slightly overhanging on the end of the cab. Does it not alter the sound of the cab if it is standing on its end ??

Maybe Jorg can answer if it matters if it is sitting on its end instead of the base.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Congrats guys! It makes me feel good to know that my impressions have been echoed. The 1210 is best cabinet I've ever owned / used / tried / heard / etc!!! I'm assuming my 1212 (should ship Tuesday :hyper: ) will be as impressive to my ears, and the pair together.... Godly :smug:

The overhang shouldn't be an issue... my new Classic 400 tube head is about 2 inches wider then the cabinets sitting flat.

I was usure about the height of the rig too at first, couple of jams and gigs prove that these cabinets fill a stage / room fine... no problem hearing it for me AT ALL.
  5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas

The low end is going to be compromised if you either put it on a crate or stand it up on its side with the angled baffle up (not as much the second way & can probably be EQ'ed back).

The cab projects well enough, you should hear yourself fine in most live venues.

If you like tweaking your amp while you play, you could put the amp on some kind of stand.
  6. Glad the word is spreading about Jorg's cabs. They really are a great gigging cab!

My previous cab I had to tilt up and me because it was so directional I could not hear myself if it wasn't aimed right at me. The Schroeder 1210 you can point straight ahead, on it's feet and let it wail!! To me it doesn't matter that it has a small appearance on stage. Let the sound dictate. :bassist:
  7. I want one...infact I want two!! :crying:
  8. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I want four. :bassist: