1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

$125 to waste at BestBuy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sledgehamer73, Jun 4, 2012.

1. So, for every occasion/holiday I'm usually given BestBuy gift cards by family members. I guess they figure, I'm a techie guy so I should be able to find something at bestbuy. Which I usually do. Even if it's printer ink. The past holiday season/birthday etc., has left me with a bit of an accumulation of sorts. I have only ventured into the music department at my local bestbuy a few times, and it's not too bad, a bit over priced, but not terrible.

I'm thinking of getting an effect pedal, but not sure which one. If they sold either the MXR octaver or a decent envelope filter or anything from Sansamp like the VT bass, I'd be done, but they don't sell those.

So, I figure since it's like I have store credit I might as waste it on something fun.

A little background. I don't have any effects besides my Pandora 4xd, which is fine through headphones, but wouldn't use it in a live situation. I play through a Carvin BX500 so, I can dial in plenty of EQ. My initial thought is the Zoom B2, but wanted to get some other opinions. That said, what say you?

2. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Well Zoom now has a B3.
    Also you might be able to find more stuff that your local store doesn't have from BestBuy online.
    Probably some good deals out there now since they are discontinuing the music department.

3. wow...the best buy here doesn't have a music dept., but they are also next door to a lame guitar center.

4. Doesn't look like they carry the B3 on line or in the store. I guess since its going away they aren't getting much new stock in. Hopefully the prices will drop for everything and maybe I can pick up the Squire CV jazz for cheap. But knowing bestbuy, that probably won't happen.

5. Looking at their website, they carry Boss and some MXR. For close to $125 you could get:
    PS-6 Harmonist
    Dunlop Volume Pedal plus One Spot to power it
    MXR Carbon Copy or Script Phase 90
    BF-3 Flanger
    Bass Cry Baby
    Eden WTDI

That's just the stuff I might get or already own. They also have Rocktron effects, but I can't vouch for how they'll sound on bass.

6. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    Best buy and music gear... I would go $125 of itunes and get a weeks worth of music.

7. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    $124 in picks of every size, shape and thickness.

8. Yeah, if I don't find what I want effect wise I may just get mucic and other accessories. Maybe some strings too.

9. I think I'd either pick up the Eden WTDI or the MXR Carbon Copy. Call and have them price match it to someone else so you pay little to nothing out of pocket.

10. I like the idea of the carbon copy. Thanks. I just listened to some clips on YouTube. Might not have a ton of applications for it, but I'm sure I can find some uses for sure. The Boss CS-3 may be a good start too. Thanks.