Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by f'nar f'nar, Jan 27, 2005.

1. what the hell does this mean?
  2. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    It's my ex's measurements.
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    "i have that same combination on my luggage!"

what is the context of this number...it actually looks familiar, but i cant place it.
  5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I reckon it's the IP Address for his computer - unscrupulous hackers can use this to take over his PC, wipe the hard drive and get all details of accounts - then empty them of any money - plus maybe report it as a terrorist site.... unless he deletes this thread, pretty damn quick!! ;)
  6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    :mad: You sank my battleship!

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  8. That's odd... This morning I saw a car with a license plate that was something like "D9 D6 D5" and I thought "You sank my battleship!"

Not that that phrase gets a lot of use around my house, mind you.

Edit: This is a little crazier- 0741 is about the same time I saw that car... :eek:
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Does anyone else find that author lame? I think with his books hes trying too hard to unveil something ingenous. Its bologna.
  10. i agree with figjam...i am sick of DB
  11. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Ah, yes thats it. wasnt there one like it in DaVinci Code also? i remember solving one of those...in about 3 minutes.

I cant believe Tom Hanks is going to play the leads part in the movie. i hope it turns out akin to the Michael Crichton books. i hated the three or four books i read by him, but the movies seem to turn out great.
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Fixed it for you. My brothers and I hold no small amount of truck with Mr. Brown. As a matter of course, my brother has three goals in life: destroy Phobos, start a war singlehandedly (preferably through libel and slander) and destroy Dan Brown.

Meanwhile, mine are rather similar: Destroy Florida, start my own media empire, and destroy Dan Brown. Or Chuck Palahniuk, whichever presents himself first. Possibly both, if I have my own media empire.
  13. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    you don't like chuck palahnuik? :(
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Here is where Dan Brown made a mint. Most people having a life, were unaware of most of this conspiracy hoo-ah. Now, if they'd had half an interest in the bizzare, none of this would come as ANY news. I read the Davinci Code after much prodding, and about ripped my hair out. It's a terrible shoe-string plot, writing that can only be described as pedestrian, and characters that are one dimensional.

Meanwhile, nobody noticed this, because they were all like "What? Merovingians? Wasn't that the French prick in The Matrix?" Yes, you miserable little snot rag (er...the Matrix/Invisibiles/Grant Morrison is somethign else entirely; sorry).

If people didn't think he was clever for ripping off Holy Blood Holy Grail, he wouldn't have sold book one. And I'm sitting there going, "Yes, I know, get on with the story." No. No, that was it. The book wasn't a story, it was a poorly disgused forray into conspiracy, which is much more entertaining as told by Rotten.com/library, if you're so inclined, and better done by HBHG.
    If you already know this stuff, it's just a terrible book, and nothing more. If you don't, he's making a whole lot of crap up, and it's not that entertaining if you realize almost NONE of it is true (the Davinci Code itself, most of the conspiracy stuff, etc. He doesn't go out of his way to tell you this. It's like that War of the Worlds broadcast. Obviously fake, but people still think it's real), it's still a terrible book because he can't even come up with something orginal with the conspiracy base. The entire worlds best kept secret...and two people stumble past them?

I hate Dan Brown.
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I might not destroy him. Merely render him incapable of writing books. And maybe kick him in the nuts a couple times.
  16. Have you seen any pictures of him? He's pretty freakin ripped.

He operates cranes or something for his other job.
  17. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    you're a cruel man.
    without him i would have never seen brad pitt in makeup and a fur coat.
  18. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ripped means nothing if I get him upside the back of the head. Trust me, my rage knows no "fair" or "decency." I would not give him "warning" in any sense of the word. Chuck Palahnuik does not deserve this.