12Yr old Drummer video...wow...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Juneau, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Ok, this kid gets mad props for dedicating the solo to Tony Williams first off. Secondly, his playing is pretty insane for 12yrs old, hell, its pretty insane for someone 2-3x that age hehe.

Without further ado...

Google video search ftw~
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    His name is Tony Royster Jr.

He's incredible

He's 20 now (I think)

It's been posted here before

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I'd love to get him into my band. Too band he can't get into any of the places we play for another nine years. He's going to be a mofo when he gets older. Hell, he's a mofo now!
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    He had me when he dedicated his solo to Tony Williams.... :)
  5. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Haha, that's weird, I was just thinking of this clip this morning as I was driving to work, and here it is tonight as I check in on TB. Never gets old though, I love watching someone tear up the drum kit. :D

As stated, this video is several years old. He's 21 now.
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I would love to play at that level on any instrument (bass if I could...)
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Id like to see a vid of him now as well. I relaly like that little 4-5 year old kid drummer, he was cool.

Drum solos such as this dont really wow me though, i mean yea its reallly really good, technically profound, etc,butlike its not very rythmic, its a bunch of stop and go little chops. Idk its kinda like,..drum wanking?
  8. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  9. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    I thought he had some cool grooves going around 1:30, 2:30, and 5 minutes. I wish my drummer played like that.
  10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    He has skills no doubt. But drum solos are extremely boring.
  11. He's good, no doubt. But most of it is just fast double bass. Sounds real hard, but my drummer can do that.....and he's just 15.

He's still good, though.

Plz don't flame........who is Tony Williams?
  12. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    He played drums with Miles when he was around 17, also a bit with Weather Report, and is generally regarded as the Jimi Hendrix/Jaco of drums.

He's apparently the only person who told Miles he should practice, and Miles started practicing afterwards.