$13.5K and it's all yours

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dirtrider, Jun 23, 2005.

1. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    That's simply stunning.

I wouldn't go a penny over 7K.
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    That is absoutly beautiful! The headstock is flawless
  3. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Is that a lot of money? You bet. Would I like to have it? Oh, absolutely!
  4. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hot, but ridiculous price.

JPJ played one of those right?
  5. At that price Jaco better have owned and sold the instrument for coke money, or something like that.
  6. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
  7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Great shape, but I too think it's a little high, was that pre or post CBS? I think if I had the moeny I'd do that price for a 61-62 stack knob, but for a 65 I think you could probably get a pretty good one for well under 10K.
  8. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    O_O... Wow. Just wow.
  9. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I'm going to bid right at the end so I can snatch it up for the discount price of $12,999. :D
  10. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Ton of cash but it is a custom color and in fantastic shape. Technically not pre cbs

11. I have a 62' that I get offers of $10-12K for fairly regularly...mine is in a litlle better shape than this one but is a Sunburst which was not a custom color obviously. 4 or 5 years ago a very high profile producer offered me $20K for it after I told him it was not for sale at ANY price. He even went so far as to write the check....I still have my bass and he still wants it!!! I also have a Sunburst '67 that is not in quite as good a shape that I have been offered $10k for on a number of occasions (including from the same producer) I doubt I will ever sell either of these basses (until my little girl goes to college and then I may have to!!!!) at any price as you just can not get them like this anymore....I have seen basses go for way more than they were worth and I imagine that will continue but, to me, this $13.5K is not THAT far off the mark if this is a player......she turns 40 this year, you know? Every woman I know gets pretty expensive about the time they hit 40....LOL!

12. Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005
    that ebayer has obviously been told to sell that bass by his wife, and so for the record, he can say he is trying ;)
  13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It's all about the market, not personal finance.
  14. GAS ME GOOD.

That is one sexy bass. i'd give my left nut to own something as classy and beautful as that

i need one but $13.000 bit steep i think. :crying:

i wonder how much my kidneys would sell for on ebay :confused: and my soul. god knows i dont need that no more.

kidney money + soul money = still not enouugh. why god why :bawl:
  15. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    The mutes won't be in the best of shape then...

16. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    i couldn't see paying anymore than $2000 for ANY fender. this is just ridiculous. but obviously there's a market for overpriced guitars. you know the old saying, a fool and his money..etc.
  17. that thing is in pretty good condition for it's age
  18. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I just don't understand the allure... :confused:

Not slamming anyone who's going gaa-gaa over it mind you.. Many here don't like or understand the basses I play. To each his/her own.. I just don't understand. Much in the same way I don't understand the allure of NASCAR..
  19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It's old, it's rare... it's collectible. Some people tend to look at this from the aspect of it being a "player". That's not what this bass is about.

Some people pay more than that for a diamond ring, far more often. I thought this might be of interest:

http://oncampus.richmond.edu/~rgrab...bria - George, Mickey, Michael, and Money.htm

It's valuable because it's valuable. A little more than half what a Mickey Mantle rookie baseball card is "worth".