1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

13% off $100 or more at GC by 1/25

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by mellowgerman, Jan 24, 2012.

1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Just got this email this morning. 13% off any one item of $100 or more by 1/25. Maybe this is one of those VIP things that everybody gets on their email list, but regardless, I have no use for it. So here's the code: 2DAY

2. ko stradivarius

ko stradivarius

Aug 14, 2006
    St. Louis
    Should work ok but it's good only up to $500.00. Dang! Was gonna buy a bass. Thanks for the coupon though.

3. Must've been a nice one. I'm pretty sure it meant the discount was up to $500. That would make the bass over $3850 in order to max out that discount...

4. ko stradivarius

ko stradivarius

Aug 14, 2006
    St. Louis
    Sorry, I meant the max purchase price was $500. Anything over that amount and it wouldn't take the coupon.

5. That's interesting. The coupon specifically said max discount was $500. Somebody messed up at GC.

6. Ko is wrong. Just loaded an ibanez prestige in my cart, put in the discount and got $221 off of it. Discount max is $500, not price before discount.

7. I'd be willing to bet it's one of those excluded brands they were trying to add to the cart then. MF and GC are notorious for that.

8. What is gc?

9. GC = Guitar Center - a US retail chain.

10. Does the discount apply to used gear too or is it just new items?

11. GC doesn't take coupons on used gear in store. I'm not sure of their policy online, but probably the same.

12. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    That's correct because I just retired it.

13. Wha? :eyebrow::eyebrow:

14. ko stradivarius

ko stradivarius

Aug 14, 2006
    St. Louis
    I had tried to buy a Fender 70's p-bass at $849.00. After trying to add the coupon, in big red text, it told me something along the line that the coupon was only good for purchases between $99 and $500. So I'm not wrong, that's what happened in my situation. ???? It's all moot at this point anyway.

15. No, you tried to buy a Fender. Fender is ALWAYS excluded in coupon deals, no matter what store it is. You may luck out and get it to work on a used model or something, but it's always excluded on new items.

You may have better luck trying to buy the same bass from Musician's Friend by *calling* them and telling them what you want to buy with the coupon they have going now that would be 15% off for that price point. The coupon won't work if you try to order online, though.

16. fendaholic

fendaholic

Jun 25, 2010
    California
    I printed out the coupon from the e-mail I got from mellowgerman (who started this thread) and it says, "(Up to $500 discount) and in the fine print below it excludes "used gear."

I printed the coupon and took it to my local GC and had no problem getting a discount on a GK 410 cab.

However, when I tried it on their website, it would give me the discount in the shopping cart page but would not carry it over to checkout, so I went to the local store. I suspect that if I would have called their toll-free number, it would have worked there too. Why it didn't work on the website is still a mystery to me. :confused: