130 bucks a guitar center...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sillyfabe, Aug 4, 2009.

1. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    my amp that i was going to replace anyways finally died out on me, it was a gift and the gifter (lol) was kind enough to get a warranty, so now i have 129.99 store credit at guitar center...what should i get? i already have lots of effects(see profile) but thought i would get a general consensus...have been lookin at a EHX BSW, or even a P-Bass but regardless what do you all think?

2. First "Get an SX" reply!

EDIT: aw crap... relized it was store credit...

I've said before, when i get gift cards or things like that for Guitar Center in the $100 range, i usually end up spending it on annoying-to-buy things like strings, cables, and picks.

3. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    It's a store credit tho... GC sells SX?

edit: oops! :p

4. Doesn't Digitech make the BSW(as opposed to EHX)? Regardless, I'd be looking for a decent chorus or tremolo.

5. JMDT

JMDT

Jan 30, 2008
    Louisville, Ky
    I would Way Huge Swollen Pickle or EHX Bass big muff based on your current pedal selection. I would also give the Way Huge Pork Loin a try, it may be able to out do your badder monkey; I like it better atleast.

6. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Swollen pickle is on sale this month too :D

7. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    i forgot i needed a fuzz! i looked inot the swollen pickel but have no bass clips that i can find either here ir even on youtube, theres a video of it on guitar and it sounds really cool, anyone got one to post clips on? i might also go tomm to g/c and take my geddy lee and try it out

8. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    ok i searched better on here and found some clips...sounds very cool! i'll go tomm and try it out! thanks for the advice!

9. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    but the bass big muff also looks enticing and the clips sound pretty good...i'll just have to go today and try both, wonder how it will talk to the rest of my pedals as well...

10. put it in a jar and start that "my ultimate bass" fund, thats a good start right there

11. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    If your amp died, shouldn't you be buying a new amp? Seems like you need an amp more than another pedal. Or did I miss something?

12. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    ahh you noticed that my amp died huh? i already got one reallt cheap (Ampeg BA-112) for only 150.00 but good looking out! as far as the "ultimate bass fund" is concerned i am not a fancy musician and am happy with both my fender jazzes, but wouldn't mind a p-bass but that plan is already in the works...but thanks regardless!

13. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    actually if the fuzz thing ends up not being my thing then does anyone recc anything else like maybe a good octaver?

14. "the best" octaver is the boss oc-2. theyre like $40 used, i think. i dont think guitar center would have it, because its the older model.

15. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    ok so i got the WH Swollen Pickle and damn I am impressed!

16. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    jesus christ. you have more effects than most guitarist i play with professionally.

17. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    hehehe:
    i have the LS-2 line selector which helps big time

A: compressor, synth, bass fuzz, limiter
    B: tube O/D, phaser, flanger, wah-wah, tuner, EQ
    clean: Q-TRON, space echo, amp

when i run the clean the space echo is not connected but can be if needed, and the Q-TRON is true bypass which besides the LS-2 i have no tone suck, now when both the A and B are runing then there is big tone suck but well thats the price you pay to have fun sounds and try to be cool!

18. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    I got a Pork Loin for 130 and change the other day. :D

19. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    i saw it there too and was tempted but went with the pickle instead with no regrets! but good job on the pork loin hwos that working for you?

20. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    i have no idea what any of that means :oops:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021