Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1300$ CAN for used Stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MadPink, Jun 4, 2002.

1. is this a good price for a used Stingray? Its in perfect condition.

[​IMG]

2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    not bad... at a store? if it's at a store it's a bit high, but you can probably get them down to 1100 or something... if it's private offer less and bargain with them.

Nice I might add, if that's the actual one in question, I like it.

3. $1300's not bad. You could probably get one for a bit less though. Try doing the haggle thing. I bought a mint year old Stingray 5 for $1300 a couple months ago.

4. the guy said it was 1500$ new....and because it was used they(the store) was selling it for 1300$

5. and the picture is basically the same...it has different grain lines..but thats the one....its so beautiful...i was playing it for about an hour.

6. what do you guys/gals think I should do? buy another new bass, or get a new amp? read my profile for what i have now.

7. Well...Yorkvilles are great amps for the money...but check the market for others...how does it handle in gigs?

8. its alright if its miked(sic). I was thinking on a ampeg 4x10 cab, with a ampeg b-2R head....

9. I live in Vancouver, BC. When I was shopping for my bass(es), I found one used Stingray (3 band) for $1300. I saw a couple other new Stingrays for about $1900.

I don't think you could find a used one for less than that, at least from a music instrument franchise.