1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1300$ CAN for used Stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MadPink, Jun 4, 2002.

1. is this a good price for a used Stingray? Its in perfect condition.

[​IMG]

2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    not bad... at a store? if it's at a store it's a bit high, but you can probably get them down to 1100 or something... if it's private offer less and bargain with them.

Nice I might add, if that's the actual one in question, I like it.

3. $1300's not bad. You could probably get one for a bit less though. Try doing the haggle thing. I bought a mint year old Stingray 5 for $1300 a couple months ago.

4. the guy said it was 1500$ new....and because it was used they(the store) was selling it for 1300$

5. and the picture is basically the same...it has different grain lines..but thats the one....its so beautiful...i was playing it for about an hour.

6. what do you guys/gals think I should do? buy another new bass, or get a new amp? read my profile for what i have now.

7. Well...Yorkvilles are great amps for the money...but check the market for others...how does it handle in gigs?

8. its alright if its miked(sic). I was thinking on a ampeg 4x10 cab, with a ampeg b-2R head....

9. I live in Vancouver, BC. When I was shopping for my bass(es), I found one used Stingray (3 band) for $1300. I saw a couple other new Stingrays for about $1900.

I don't think you could find a used one for less than that, at least from a music instrument franchise.