1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

.135 gauge B String

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DenisW, Feb 5, 2006.

1. DenisW

DenisW

May 5, 2002
    Cork,Ireland
    Searching through the String Forum.I have decided to try a 5 String set of Hard Rockin' Steel's by Labella.I am new to 5 String Bass and have a Spector Euro Bass.It has a .130 gauge B String on it.I want to try the heavier B String.Does anyone use this set with the .135 B String.And if so is it a good String and would I have to make any adjustments with the Nut?.It is tapered so I will have no problems with the Bridge.Also my Bass has a 35" scale length.Are these Strings long enough?

2. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    if you find that.135 string make sure is tapered/expose core...
    i think you might have a problem with the bridge. i have .130 and is a very thight fit....

good luck!

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I had my Q5 defretted awhile back, and just had a restring done with Rotosound Black Tapewounds, the G is a .65 and the B is a .135...didn't detect any problem at the bridge, and it plays really nice, it's not tapered either...at least I don't think it is...it's back at my tech for some new pickups, so I'll have more of a chance to (hopefully) play it this week...