.135 gauge B String

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DenisW, Feb 5, 2006.

1. DenisW

May 5, 2002
    Searching through the String Forum.I have decided to try a 5 String set of Hard Rockin' Steel's by Labella.I am new to 5 String Bass and have a Spector Euro Bass.It has a .130 gauge B String on it.I want to try the heavier B String.Does anyone use this set with the .135 B String.And if so is it a good String and would I have to make any adjustments with the Nut?.It is tapered so I will have no problems with the Bridge.Also my Bass has a 35" scale length.Are these Strings long enough?
  2. DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    if you find that.135 string make sure is tapered/expose core...
    i think you might have a problem with the bridge. i have .130 and is a very thight fit....

good luck!
  3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I had my Q5 defretted awhile back, and just had a restring done with Rotosound Black Tapewounds, the G is a .65 and the B is a .135...didn't detect any problem at the bridge, and it plays really nice, it's not tapered either...at least I don't think it is...it's back at my tech for some new pickups, so I'll have more of a chance to (hopefully) play it this week...