1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Josh Thatguy, Nov 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy ~¿~ Supporting Member

I just bought a P-bass over the phone, picking it up tomorrow. In the meantime, have any of you heard of this brand? Nothing pops up on Google, but the flamey headstock and back of the neck have me curious. View attachment 3226329 View attachment 3226330

2. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Can’t really tell anything from the back. The headstock shot tells me the nut needs to be reset at a minimum. I’m also not sure about the small block of wood between the nut and the headstock face. The fret wire seems thin, and think it would be a good idea to check the fret levels and also for sprouts based on the apparent age. The tuner alignment and spacing seems a little off too.

As good as a Squier? I don’t know about that. Squiers are pretty good basses. This one seems more like a cheaper knock off from the limited pics.

JRA likes this.
  3. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy ~¿~ Supporting Member

Uh, yeah. Having owned a couple of basses in the past 20+ years, I noticed the nut was a little off...

Here's the only other picture I received.
    For $100, I'm not worried. Just wondering if anyone knows who made "California" basses, or where.

received_202337107334809.

4. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    å

JRA likes this.
  5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

_

6. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    giphy.

7. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    8991279idk.

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    It’s considered rude to create a thread and then delete the content. Original post restored.

Bob Clayton and RyanOh like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.