1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

14 year old bass player

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by brettbass25, Mar 14, 2013.

1. brettbass25

brettbass25

Mar 14, 2013
    i am a 14 year old bass player, and there is a video of me playing on youtube. The title advertises my guitar players' newest guitar. So please check it out, and tell me what you think : )

_brettbass25_ :bassist:

2. brettbass25

brettbass25

Mar 14, 2013
    I am sorry the video quality sucks, just focus on the sound!

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Not bad at all. The guitar sounds a bit shrill, too much treble overall for the mix. But good playing by bass and guitar. Drumers ok to.

4. exidor

exidor

Jul 10, 2011
    Detroit,MI
    I love to see this,a youngling playing,good job!you have good timing,nice runs & slapping you have a future keep it up.thanks for posting!

5. brettbass25

brettbass25

Mar 14, 2013
    Thanks darkstorm, this was recorded on a phone, and it cut out the lows on guitar and bass. Live has a better mix. Thanks for your kind words

_brettbass25_

6. brettbass25

brettbass25

Mar 14, 2013
    Thanks exidor, I originaly started playing guitar, but my band needed a bass player, so i started playing that, but i love bass so much more.

_brettbass25_

7. exidor

exidor

Jul 10, 2011
    Detroit,MI
    Yes bass is the place,& I like that you chose a maple fret board.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Nice work. The guitarist's noodling seems a little aimless, though.

9. Teacher

Teacher

May 3, 2012
    Glad you like thundering more! Just keep at it...practice, have fun, and learn what you can!

10. SRFSterling5

SRFSterling5

Sep 24, 2011
    Hawaii
    Keep it up. Guitar player could turn down a bit, bring up the drums and bass.

Thumbs up!

11. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Even some cams cut lows off, but I started to think whoever operatin' had some drink right before filmin' all of you:D

Anyway you're great

If you're born in '98, you seem to be 14 in '78 for (haircut and) the approach to both slap and progressions

But, bein' a former guitarist, remember how you back then, and your guitar player right now (amazin' style) builds up a pedalboard, to add a few more tweakin' to the overall curve;)

Cheers,
    Wallace

12. I'm fixin' to get ready for work, which is not musical..... but one tidbit of advice, don't worry so much about other people's approvals - and I know you;re at the age when it become paramount - but don't. You know if you are growing as a player, and really, its between you and the source, Mother Music.

So keep on growing, inside, and dont worry so much about the outside, it will take care of itself if you are true to yourself and the Mother. ;)