1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

143 million pounds of beef recalled.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderhutz, Feb 17, 2008.

1. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
  2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    What was the reason? Quality was too high?

3. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I think this stemmed from the video of the workers pushing sickly cattle into butcher with a forklift.

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sorry to laugh, but LOL. That's just unfathomable to me, the stupidity!

5. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    The video shows it all.

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Send it my way, I'm hungry.

7. David J.

David J.

Dec 1, 2006
    South Bend, In
    WOW :scowl:

8. Nothing in that video really surprises me. Maybe the sickly cattle part, but do you guys know how hard it is to get an uncooperative cow to move? It isn't. I have seen 3 250lb+ guys pulling on a nose ring of a bull before and couldn't get it to move. Those people are just doing what they are told, get them in to slaughter. Don't be mad at the guy on the forklift, be mad at the guy signing his paycheques, or rather, the guy handing them money under the table.

lowsound

9. David J.

David J.

Dec 1, 2006
    South Bend, In
    Don't be mad at the guy on the forklift, be mad at the guy signing his paycheques, or rather, the guy handing them money under the table.

lowsound[/QUOTE]

+1

10. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

No, I think we can be mad at all of them.

11. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I've been eating at fast food burger places this whole weekend...

That actually explains a lot. Now if you excuse me, I need to go drop the kids off at the pool. Again. /stomach rumbles:bag:

12. It was my bad, i was getting my member out in public again and told to put it away :scowl:

13. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    So...um...

Where is Hayden Pannetierre with her "Save the Cows" sandwich board sign?

:bag::D

14. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Cows aren't as sacred as Dolphins. You should know that, and not as popular of a cause :)

When a Dolphin dies the world cries, when a cow dies it's dinner.

15. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    In some parts, the cow is sacred, but that's moot cause we're talking about America.

16. Simple solution- don't eat meat and then you'll have nothing to worry about. That's what I'm doing.

17. Wheres the fun in that? :rolleyes:

Dare say, at least the recall didnt affect the good stuff, venison, now thats where its at!

18. You'll be happier and heathier that's the fun!

19. Humans are omniverous. I dont plan on putting the nice pointy teeth to waste :p

I dont believe being healthy has anything to do with eating red meat or being vegetarian. I know just as many unhealthy vegetarians as i do people who will eat anything.

Either option is healthy as long as you eat in moderation, and more importantly when your veggie, make sure to eat foods with iron and decent AA levels.

20. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    If I remember correctly, a bunch of people got sick from eating contaminated spinach a year or so ago.:eek: