1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

15" 250w 4 Ohm Driver?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dudeonthebass, Apr 25, 2010.

1. dudeonthebass

dudeonthebass

Jul 2, 2008
    St.Osyth
    Anybody got any idea where i can get one of these from! i have just bought myself an old Peavey Combo 115 with a blown driver

The driver is a Black Widow one.

I can't seem to find any drivers like i need

shall i just get the BW one reconed?

2. Cree

Cree

May 24, 2004
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    You can buy a replacement speaker from Peavey, or you can buy the basket for them. You unscrew the old basket from the magnet and screw the new one on.

3. basslinejam

basslinejam

Mar 21, 2005
    New York City
    Eminence BassLite, but I'd try to stick with a Black Widow in that combo...

4. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/list/cat/478/item/116648/Black Widow.cfm

Find the model of your amp, see if you can get the manual at peaveys site, or see if there is a model# on the speaker.

If its a black widow you can take the magnet off and put it on a new basket. Cheapest way to fix it.

Puting another brand of speaker in it will usually not sound as good........cabs are designed to work with specific speaker specs that is way more rocket science that you or I don't want to get into.

Some peavey speaker models are avail in 4 or 8 ohm. make sure you get the same ohm rated one as yours when ordering a new basket.

5. I have an Eminence that fits your description. If you want it call me at 720-389-7137.