Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

15 basses and 4 guitars in one night.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderx55, Jun 7, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Last week my best friend's mom's best friend died (just read it slowly it's not that complicated) and now most of his bass collection is sitting in her basement. Last night i went over there with an amp and some tools to check it out, all excited at the prospect of playing vintage basses, but then i was surprised. Apparently this guy "wasn't fancy" so he has some old beatle bass copies, a couple of steinbergers, a few corts, a japanese pbass, and some really old hollowbodies. The only ones in perfect working order were his two newer basses (a fretless yamaha and one i don't remember). apparently not fancy meant he kept his basses in the garage allowing them to accumulate cracks in teh finish and insane rust on the chrome (we live on long island where the salt water/air ruins everything).
    I'm gonna post some pics tonight when i go back over, can i get some help identifying some of these, seeing if any are worth anything?

oo side note, they're gonna let me open up the pbass and lemme figure out why it doesn't play :hyper: