15 cab under 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Aug 24, 2003.

1. so im looking for a nice 15 cab to add some lows to my setup. I have a gk800 (which i am probably replacing anyway) and a Bag end 4x10. What would be a decent cab to add some lows underneath it. The smaller and lighter the better. I know ampeg makes a 15 cab that is quite tiny. Any recommendations?
  2. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    How about a Bag End 15? :D. Personally, I don't like to mix and match manufacturers with speakers. Maybe I'm naive, but I'd like to think speaker manufacturers design their products to work with each other.
  3. ...and cause it looks better!:)
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    bag end now makes a "Custom" i think that's the name 15 inch enclosure that is the same dimensions as the deep 210 cab
    your 410 should fit quite nicely on top of that
    the standard s15d is great but is too small to stack a 410 on, the s15db model is a really large enclosure
    i havent heard the mid size bagend 15 but freinds of mine have and say its great
    i wonder, if you need more lows - is your 410 the older thin model?
    i have heard the thin and newer deep bag end 210s and i dont care what bp said in their poll, the deep 210 has mucho bass
  5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    FWIW, I used a 1x15 under my 4x10 (both Aguilar) for about a year, then one day I had a chance to use a second Aggie 4x10 with it, and I A/B'ed between the two 4x10's and a 4x10/1x15 combination. I got more lows from the two 4x10's, the 15 only made the sound "woofier", it didn't give me any more useable lows at all.

I usually don't have to fill the back of the room with my rig, in which case I think the 15 would be better. But for smaller rooms or jsut for stage volume when going through a PA, the two 4x10's worked much, much better for me.