Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

15" combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stangg, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Ampeg BA115

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Crate BFX100

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Fender Bassman 100

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Carvin Pro Bass 200

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Stangg

Stangg Guest

which would be the best to get?

2. Sorry to leave you hangin' Stanngg, but, you should really try to hear at least two of them yourself. As I've said before, what sounds good to me may not to you. I'm familiar with Fender and Hartke. Ampeg is supposed to be real good, but so is Carvin. What Kind of music do you play ?

Mike J.

3. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    True, things like amps are very subjective - it's very much a matter of opinion. Give us an idea of what sort of music you play, or a bassist whose tone you'd like to emulate, and hopefully people will be able to give you a more informed opinion.

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Don't forget to look at SWR Workingmans 15. It is an excellent 15" combo.

-KB

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    If you're in the area for an 100 watt 115 bass combo. I'd say check out peavey. They have some killer combos.

I'd have to say I'd probably either go with the TNTBX or I'd get their BAM210 if I got a combo.

I'd suggest checking out the BAM210. I'd LOVE to have one of them just to fool around with all it's options.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    HAH! You need to try the Hartke 2155. Not too common, but great sound. It has a 200-watt head with a 15 and a 5 in the cab. Or get a used 1155 which is the same thing with the 350-watt head. They don't make the 1155 any more ... too much amp for the speakers. Bitchen.

7. Old Blue

Old Blue

Mar 18, 2000
    Texas
    You've left the best one off your list: Ampeg B-100R

8. I am with KB the Workingman 15 is excellent. I was scared to buy a combo amp after years of bog cabs but I have got a ton of compliments on the sound of that amp no matter what bass I use with it.

9. POLYTONE, dammit!

10. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    I second the Ampeg B-100R!

11. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Ampeg BA115-tried it several times & my jazz sings through it for a bunch of styles. Once i get the cash it'll be here[read as late Summer]