1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

15" Combo's that have an Effects loop that bypasses the Preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Jan 25, 2018.

1. I'm looking for suggestions for 15" combos that bypass the Preamp via an effects loop. I could do a separate power amp and cab, but thought there might be some decent stuff for cheap (used is great) that has that.

I don't need a ton of power, 100w plus is fine. Just need the Effects loop to accept line level. Also need the cab ported somehow, i don't like sealed 15's.

Suggestions? Thanks

i'd be using a preamp in on the loop. Again i could do separate power/cab but that might cost me more and this is just a small rig for corporate jazz real book gigs, don't need a ton of power, just need light and compact.

2. Linnin

Linnin SUSPENDED

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Piece of cake! Fender Rumble 200 1x15 combo.

bassman74 likes this.
  3. kartiste

kartiste

May 5, 2008
    Possibly a SWR Workingman's 15

4. Older GC Acoustic B200 has effects loop and will do fine and affordable

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    If you can get your hands on one, the Walkabout Scout does it. It'll do either or. The switch allows bypass or not.

And it is nothing short of impressive in every respect.

6. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    That means I could plug a tech21 bddi or a mesa d-800 preamp and totally by-pass the 200’s preamp?

7. Linnin

Linnin SUSPENDED

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Sure! Just go from any pre-amped device into the effects return and you're going directly into the super transparent ICE Power section.

bassman74 likes this.
  8. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    @Linnin
    Thanks

Linnin likes this.
  9. thank you everyone!