1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

15" Extension Cab to Yorkville XM200TC

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BradMc, Jun 29, 2012.

1. BradMc

BradMc

Jun 28, 2012
    Gadsden, AL
    I've owned a Yorkville XM200TC cab for around 10 years now and have loved it. Recently started playing with a new band on a bigger stage and often outdoors. Looking for a bit more output to be heard over a live drum kit and 2 guitar half stacks.

I always wanted to add the Yorkville XC115XC 15" extension cab to my current setup to add an extra bit of low end. I just never had the "need" for it until now. Of coarse, now I find out that Yorkville hasn't made these for 6-7 years.

So, my question is. Can anyone recommend some brand of extension cab for my Yorkville XM200TC (200w)combo amp? According to the online manual , the minimum impedance external load is 4-ohms (one 4-ohm extension speaker or two 8-ohm speakers). Extension jack is wired parallel with internal speaker running 4-ohms. So I'm guessing the whole thing is 2-ohms stable.

Can I add any 8-ohm or 4-ohm 15" cab and not harm the amp?
    I'm hoping to keep the price somewhere around $500.
    I've got my eye on the GK Neo 115-III because the grill matches my Yorkville, but I'm willing to mis-match if the price is right.