1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

15% off at Musicians Friend ending Today. Advice?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Metalbasspro, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    I get 15% off a bass I want but I have to wait for special ordering and won't get it till Late later January.

Contacted my sales rep at Sweet water and asked if they would match the price. He got back to me with a message saying they have the same bass but that MF was charing 90 dollars for a 2 year warranty that I can get free with Sweetwater.

I think he was confused as the basses are the same base price but I got the coupon. But I have to use to today. My Sweet water rep has not replied so I think safe to assume he is off for the holidays.

I want to wait for SweetWater to come through but I am running out of time.

My question is, is it safe to assume they will have another coupon for X max time in case Sweetwater will not match the price? I want the bass but would like to by it closer to shipping time. Never know what might come up before it ships and the card gets charged.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. Brio

Brio

Mar 10, 2013
    Kansas City
    Here’s my 2 cents, 15% coupons for GC and MF will show up pretty regularly so don’t be fooled by the urgency. Also, Sweetwater will not match any competitor’s coupons IME but what you get back in customer service and generally free shipping makes up for it. Also GC charges tax and shipping for me so the coupon is negated pretty quickly. I’m guessing MF is the same.

3. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Different experience for me - Sweetwater has always price matched coupons when I've contacted them.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Spidey2112 likes this.
  4. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Contact SW - lots of agents Manning the phones, and they can call up your account. Tell them you want to buy NOW if they can match the price.

5. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    You can basically get 15% off at any time just by calling up either GC or MF. SW, IME, is much more finicky about price matching.

6. Brio

Brio

Mar 10, 2013
    Kansas City
    Trade you SW reps then. I’d have certainly bought more if they’d match. My next in line is usually an offer to CME via Reverb.

7. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    I've found this to be the case too. Plus if you call MF will often times bump the discount a little more.

8. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Seems like it's free, doesn't it... what's the 'out the door' price for each? That's what I look at...

... unless they're giving me a free t-shirt, then I get all weak in the knees and will pretty much pay anything!

mikewalker likes this.
  9. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I actually did change SW reps several years back. The guy I originally had wasn't very responsive and I found that one of our TB brethren was associated with the Sweetwater sales engineer that I have now. They've been fantastic. Sending you a PM.

Brio likes this.
  10. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    So I called Joe James at Sweetwater and he did match the price so I got the bass from them. I did send a screen shot of my discount.

jmattbassplaya likes this.