1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

15 String Electric Upright Bass Harp Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PatrickEdmonds, Apr 10, 2009.

1. LowKee

LowKee

Jan 18, 2009
    Bourbonnais, IL
    ?????
    :confused:
    Even if it is playable, what would you possibly play on it? The drone strings on the right side look like they are bass strings. Weird.

2. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    For the $100 that the bid is at, I would totally buy it, just for the hell of it.

3. I kind of want that. :meh:

4. I'm w/Jimmy Bones here.

5. ~Ethan~

~Ethan~

Dec 3, 2008
    Abilene, TX
    I think it's pretty cool actually. Being a fan of strange and unusual instruments I'd definately bid on it if I had the money to spend. I don't know that you'd play on it either but it's just awesome anyway.

6. cmewhinney

cmewhinney

Jul 11, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Did anybody notice that halfway down the page it changed to a 17 string harp guitar?

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Agreed, even if you grant the idea of drone strings at different pitches alongside the fingerboard, seems you wouldn't want thick strings for that. They would totally conflict with your melody/bass notes. I'd hit it for a cheap price, and throw some really light/thin strings on the drones.

8. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I love the brand name....... Jazzgrass.....

9. checked out the feedback and found this about an identical instrument. . . "excellent instrument. better than i expected. great ebay seller." BUT the final price was $1190 for that one!! Now don't get me wrong cuz I'd love to mess around on that thing for $100 but I could find allot better ways to spend $1200. crazy design though

10. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Oooo ooo oohh I must buy one!! Here's what really sold me on the harpsitard:

:eyebrow:

And to think that I was going to spend 8k on a custom HarpsiTard!

I also like how they say it's (and I quote) "Solid one piece of wood maple one piece," but looking at the back of the instrument... I see wings :confused:

[​IMG]

11. I just want the 'UPS truck.' lol... upstruck.

12. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Haha..

"Electric Upright Bass Harp Guitar"

Hmm.. how can I compete with that..:ninja:

I'm now offering an Electric Upright Acoustic Bass Harp'monica Guitar, anyone interested? :smug:

13. the neck has square edges all the way up.

14. What's "preal"?

15. JtheJazzMan

JtheJazzMan

Apr 10, 2006
    Australia
    so let me get this straight, its an upright bass. so how do you play those strings down on the body? is it a team effort or do you just kick them?

16. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    OK, now I know what I am adding to my line.

17. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Sadly, I kind of like it. If I could play it first, I might buy it for $200 or less.

18. You've never used your toes? What kind of bass player are you? :D

19. I'm now offering an Electric Upright Acoustic Bass Harp'monica Midi Guitar, anyone interested? :p