15" vers 2 10"s (combo amp)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by planetLOWe, Jul 17, 2005.

1. planetLOWe

Jul 17, 2005
    I am used to my amp and cabinet with a 15", though I blew it up messing around.... :bawl: I am now seeking an afforabable combo- Im looking on an AMPEG 115HP (220w. with a 15"), before i go forwar, :meh: can anyone mention anything about a cabinet with the same power that has 2 10"s also by AMPEG. What do you know from experience??? Both cabs have no direct speaker out. Ive never played through 10"s before, i dont know... its seems kind of small for some low ends.
  2. BadB

May 25, 2005
    Glendale, AZ
    The BA210 is the counterpart to the BA115. I prefer the 210 because it tends to punch through a "live" mix a little better without the mud. I will say this though: I love the Ampeg sound, however, I've not been able to achieve that sound "live" with anything other than a tube amp. Maybe it's just me.
  3. planetLOWe

Jul 17, 2005
    BA210 puNCH THROUGH>>>better
    How about some deepness??

1 more question..? THE BA210 vrs. BA210SP AMPEG
    does the stock cabinet of the BA210 come with {that MUCH BETTER speakers} then that of the BA210SP, would one be sacraficeing quality for some digi. effects?? I am normaly a straight line player. Though its fun to enter different peramenters. Acording to spec. the BA210 weighs 10lbs more.
  4. oldfclefer

oldfclefer low ended

May 5, 2005
    Southern Ohio
    Bought a BA115 yesterday. Tried the 210, didn't like it because it didn't get the low end I want. Tried the 115hp too. It rattled at certain frequencies. BA115 seemed to be a much more solid amp.
  5. planetLOWe

Jul 17, 2005
    the BA115 actually my very first intrest...100w.
    Now what combo amp around a reasonable price.... (OF ANY BRAND)
    [I am looking for an amp that delivers the most punch and dynamics when the master volume is turned way down. How about the B100 rocket combo by ampeg. (a kick ass basement jammer and more)

:bag: :hyper: