1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

15" with at least 300W

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pmaraziti, Jul 14, 2008.

1. pmaraziti

pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    All,

what brand/model would you consider while evaluating a non-expesinve 15" cab that would be able to stand at leat 300W in power if 8 ohm, or 500 if 4 ohm?

Paolo

2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    While im not suggesting this is ideal but i have gigged with a LMII in to an Ashdown MAG115 cab without blowing it. It sounded very old school and i liked it but felt i could do better so i got a UL115 but thats a lot more money.

3. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Well, I would look at the Genz Benz Neox 112T. It's the best 115 I've ever seen!! 300 watts / 8 ohms, big, round, smooth....

4. ashdown for some old school tone!The MAG's sound sooo round and warm.

5. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Endorsing Artist: Aurora Strings
    peavey tvx 115,not exspensive but sound as good as anything i,ve tried.bought 2 and love em, will handle 500 watt,they are 8ohm. my head is 300w at 8 and 500 at 4.

6. Carvin's BR115 Cabinet is 600 watts at 4 ohms.
    Oh yeah, and it is only $300!

7. fesem

fesem Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    What about the Dr. Bass DRB 115. I haven't heard one but it gets great reviews and the neo version at a little under $500 shipped is only 36lbs. I think this is my next cab purchase. 600 watts 4 or 8 ohm.

8. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada/Motown
    Greetings from the North,

Check out the new design Traynor TC115 cab. This cab kicks plenty bootey with no mud! 300 watts at 8 ohms, tough truck bed liner coated exterior, pop out casters and this cab is rugged, looks good and will last a long time. Sounds awesome and has one of the best warranties in the business. Give Astec Sa in Alcobendas a call and they should be able to hook you up.

Rezdog

9. pmaraziti

pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    I was intrigued by the carvin BR115... but is it possible... it's worth 319$ in US and.... 640 € (998$ !!!) in Spain!

10. my gk 115 SBX is rated for 400 and performs very well for me.

11. What kinda sound you after? No point in whoring cabs when you don't even know what their gonna be used for...

12. jjhardy

jjhardy

Mar 11, 2007
    i use a trace elliot 1518t and love it. About 300w at 8 ohms

13. pmaraziti

pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    For a variety of gigs type. The key requirement would be definition (e.g. not muddy) although I do understand that usually good definition comes with higher price......

14. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

If you're looking to keep it inexpensive, a used Peavey BX115 would really do the trick. You can find them used and in pawn shops around $100-$125. They're a lot of cab for that price.

15. We have gotten good feedback (pardon the pun) about the JBL 2226H. We have it in a Music Man 1x15. It will do 300 at 8 ohms.
    Good Luck :)

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021