Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

151...your thoughts

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderx55, Oct 28, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    my roommate and I just killed half a liter of it mixed with coke (acola)....what are your thoughts? I'm off to bed. I had an interesting night.

idk...discuss.

shots of 151 are bad.

2. Killer grog!

That stuff mixed with caffine = You with a hangover!

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    It's certainly efficient. Just keep it away from open flame.

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I've got a nice book about the history of rum...151 is probably as close to the ol' stuff that sailors and pirates drank. The original stuff was probably more like 160 proof, and also very dark.

I'm not usually into it to get trashed. My choice for rum is Gosling's Bermuda rum...by far the best I've had.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
  6. I avoid garbage booze, so I have no idea what 151 is. If it is 151 proof, I hope your roommate is still alive this morning.

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

That stuff is rocket fuel! I dont know how people drink it.

8. I've had one experience with 151, and it was a bad one. Put off me off to liquor almost completely, actually.

Nasty stuff.

9. 151 is a blast, and one of my friends knows how to breathe fire. His fuel is 151- it burns HOT.

10. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    yeah, uh, i was pretty drunk when i posted last night, i'm kind of suprised that i got it in the right forum ;)

my roommate's alive

i got up, had a gatorade and got my @$$ to my seminar on time.

and yeah, i'm usually into sippin whiskey...this was on a whim.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I get images of crusty old men getting wasted when I think of 151. I stay away from it.

-Mike

12. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    That's funny. When I think of crusty old men, I think of Old Millwaukee. When I think of 151, I equate it to experimental teenagers.

13. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Just give me a Coors Light...

Forget about all that liquor....makes me sick as a dog the next day

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'll take it one step further. When I think of experimental teenagers, I think of cheap beer like Old Milwaukee.

Seriously. :)

-Mike

15. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Wow, who knew crusty old men and teenagers had so much in common. Marketing departments, take heed.

16. Milwaukee's Beast or maybe some good old fashioned Red White and Blue!!! Old Style? It's fully "kreusened" for your pleasure.

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'll drink Old Style all night long. I've been pretty kreusened myself thanks to Old Style on many an occasion.

Speaking of which, when are we going drinking?!

18. Pffft, 151, amateurs. Give me some Spiritus Rectificatus any day of the week. I believe it is 192 proof, Everclear is a cheap knockoff of this stuff. I admit I would rather have a microbeer over hard liquor, but when I want it I go all out. That and there is a warning on it so we only ever drink that stuff mixed with non alcoholic beverages. We manage to mix shots that have more alcoholic content than some spirits straight, i.e. vodka, rum, whiskey, etc. My friends and I are rather weird folk, and we're only 19/20. I expect we will all have liver problems by the time we are 21, but we're young so its ok. Ah Canada, where everything is legal at 18(well at least in Alberta).

I forget exactly whats in it, but my friend makes this thing called firewater. You take half a carton of cranberry juice and mix it with a bottle of 151 and then put it in the freezer to cool down. There may or may not be another ingredient or two, I dont remember. It however tastes a bit sweet with that 151 afterburn. Just remember to drink responsibly and if you are having it at a party, don't let anyone drive home drunk. Cuz we may be dumbasses for drinking so heavily, but at least we make sure we stay safe.

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    151 is disgusting.

When it is on fire, it emits a flame that is a little blue, but mostly invisible. It is clearly a witch!!! So I don't drink it.

Terrible stuff, I take a swig to clear my throat/burn all living things in my throat.