1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

15K bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ironrat, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
  2. funkmangriff

funkmangriff

Dec 29, 2007
    if i had 15K to throw around

3. That is super sexy!

4. Jason!

Jason!

Nov 14, 2008
    GR, MI
    I think I'd buy some crazy Alembic before I bought that. Sure is cool though.

5. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    If you buy that bass you know your money is well spent and there will be no surprises down the road. $15K is a deal

G

6. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    that's for collecting, not playing - at least not gigging (because you HAVE to play it some)

7. I'd rather buy 100 SX's :bag:

8. Aside from the fact it'll continue to amass in value no, I'd rather have 5 or so perfect custom made basses and 3 or so nice rigs rather then something that would be too valuable to even hang up in my living room :eek:

9. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    +1 - You could pretty much buy the entire SX/RondoMusic catalog for that price, or not much more than that.

10. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    LOL!!!!!! I thought that too! But I add a Godin 5 str in the mix:hyper:

11. honestly, im with you...

im not so into p basses, nor am i into collecting vintage instruments. if i was i guess id be into the idea of an original 57 p bass?

12. Mr. Mig

Mr. Mig

Sep 7, 2008
    It is nice, but I'd have to say no. Unless, I had tons of cash to spare.

13. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Nah. If it was a Ritter or something and I had the money, I'd think about it. But an old Fender? No way. If I'd want something of that sort, I'd get a Nash.

14. I would buy 2 or 3 Wal's

15. If I had anywhere near enough money, I'd jump on it.

16. Annual I allow myself to spend 1% of my gross annual salary to spend on a new bass.

So, this one ,ufortunately I must say ,is out of my league.

17. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
  18. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    ^ D@m.......n

19. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    If I had the money I would buy it without thinking twice. Who knows, in 10 more years it could double in price!

20. Most definitely not. I would not be able to gig with it due to fear of it getting stolen so I would only be able to play it at home.

For 15K I could add some kick-a$$ tools to my shop that would allow me to build anything I want.