Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

:-/...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Feb 26, 2005.

1. I feel really bad today. Like I should get down on my knees and beg forgiveness to everyone I talk to. I feel wrong about everything. Maybe I should seek help. I don't really know...

2. Blimey!!

It can't be that bad, surely? :) :)

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    God is crying, probably because of something you did.

On the other hand, I forgive you for anything you might have done to me. So you've got that going for you.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    tough it out, you'll be sweating the real world in a couple years and these days won't look nearly as bad....

*goes back to staring at the ceiling while hugging knees & rocking nerviously*

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Dude, I know excatly what you mean. These past few days I've managed to totally F*** three long friendships, let down my parents and haven't played bass. Life goes on though, just gotta make the best of these times.

Ray

6. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    S*** happens then you die.

But seriously, Dont sweat crap. I have said before I have lots of problems, and actually suffer from depression, and its not good for you...

Everyone has problems, Some people can deal with them better than others.

7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    If I can offer a piece of unsolicited advice,

"beat on your bass for a while". :D

I hope you feel better. :)

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Have a party hat!

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Where is that from!? I know I know it!

Ray

10. I feel like that often too - it's just a rough patch.

Hell, just last week I upset someone, and I got upset about upseting them, but we talked for ages later and I feel so much better.

Talk to people you care about; chances are they care about you too. It worked for me, maybe it can help you too.

It's nothing you need to see a psych for; just a friend. :smug:

11. Well, I always have this complex.

I have friends
    I like to do stuff.
    I do stuff.
    I just don't do stuff with friends.
    Friends are doing stuff with other friends.

So all my friends are out somewhere. Whatever happened to sitting around at home and playing by ear? Why do we all SUDDENLY have to have plans?

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You haven't played your bass? What's wrong with you, man?

13. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Just make your own plans with friends during the week. Everyone feels like this in their life at some point. The point is never ask for forgiveness. Forgive me but thats how life works.

14. Ever ask yourself why you have the need to "please" everyone one around you and make them happy? Unless you've done something malitious or evil to some one, why do you have to ask their forgivness? If your just being yourself and someone else get ticked off, doesn't mean that your a bad person, your just not on the same wave length.

Be true to yourself, allways. It's hard to make real conections with people, but when you do its great.

Chin up, chest out, life sometimes sucks, you'll deal ;)

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Yeah yeah, I picked it up and hugged it, then right back to leaning on the amp it went... maybe tomorrow...

Ray

16. I played my ukelele just before. :smug:

Well... it's not really a uke... it's a toy four string that doesn't stay in tune, but you can play stuff on it... kinda...

I'm talented.

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Freak, look at it this way...

Nickthebassist... I mean... remeber that guy... man... I'll tell ya. Shame he's gone for a long time... but... you know... remeber?

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    One time, God was all like "Slipknot Rawks" and I was like "No way dude!" That was crazy.

Seriously though Freaky, I'm in the same damn place as you are. Friends can be a beeotch sometimes. Don't get down on yourself, people just always seem to go off and do there own thang. I don't know about you, but I consider myself very very very fortunate that I have music, my life would be a big pile of suck without it. But find some social outlet, go see some live bands... I dunno.

Plus, I'm getting my new computer set up... I'm going to have to get ahold of you about doing some music together. (Remeber, we were going to do that, but I suck ;) )

19. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    I am in the same situation as you are in right now, from what i can tell from your post.

Recently, it seemed to me that i was being pushed out of my friends circle, kinda displaced by drugs and alcohol with some, but pushed out nonetheless.

though, what i came to realise, was how many times i turned down my friends offers, and didnt even try to contact or plan things with my friends, thus they got the signal that i didnt want to be around.

mb the same situation, mb not.

Still trying to figure out why i dont want to be with my friends.... but i guess that is another post.

slick