1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

$175 a good price for a new Silvertone P?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Diesel Kilgore, Jul 28, 2012.

1. At the local shop they had a Silvertone P-bass on the used rack. But it wasn't used, it still had the plastic on the pickguard and on the tuner screws. The decal was kinda peeling off the head stock, but overall it was completely brand new. Looked like it had just been sitting for a long time.

The price on it was $175, I bet I could get it down to $150 or even more. My local guy is usually cool about deals and working on prices. Especially when his stuff has been sitting awhile.

What do you guys think? Would you get it? Are these okay basses? I don't know jack about Silvertones, except alot of people used them for first instruments.

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    NO!! It is not a good price. Just check ebay!

3. I went on Amazon last night and saw they had the Silvertone amp and bass package for $189. :scowl:

Stupid local shop and their high prices are halting me from getting a mod bass. Guess i'll keep looking for that $80 Affinity to tear apart. :D