Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

18"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    i want an 18" to compliment my SWR workingman's 15. its just a thought, i dont know i change my mind a lot. im getting a 6 string and when i tune down to D my 15 kind of bottoms out. im concerned that my 15 wont handle B.

i have a GK 400rb head now. my thought was get a carvin DCM600 power amp and run it mono briged into an 18, with the GK still driving the 15.

i was thinking a carvin 18 PA sub, cos i dont like theyre bass cabs. i love the PA cabs tho. 8 ohm, 800 watts (?)

i was also thinking about an SWR big ben cab. i like there stuff. 8 ohm, 400 watts

i think that the DCM600 delivers 400 watts into 8 ohms briged.

2. Cogno

Cogno Guest

Jun 11, 2001
    South
    I have a Carvin 18" Bass Cabinet. I used it once. If You are still interested.

3. I think you might be running out of headroom on your head when you tune down. I used to have a WM15 and used a 5 string with it and when I hit a low B, the limiter would always come and stay on. Adding an extension cab to the WM15 helped because it gave an extra 40 watts off. If you like SWR stuff, check out a Big Ben 18 inch speaker or Bag End (SWR uses a bagend in the Big Ben).