1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

$180 fretless- has anyone PLAYED one of these?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Awesome Sauce, Jan 9, 2012.

1. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Firewood, only kidding but you do get what you pay for. I would at least shop around and compare in that low price range. Good luck ....:cool:

2. derg

derg Supporting Member

May 26, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I'd look for used... I picked up a nice Ibanez SR400 fretless for 200...

3. Sometimes you get more than you pay for. I bought a Douglas Violin bass a few years ago and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the bass. I was expecting at least finish flaws but there was nothing. I have a Modulus Q5 and a Carvin LB75 for reference so I am not unfamiliar with how a nicely made bass should look.

Rick B.

4. SassyS

SassyS

Jul 24, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    I received one as a Christmas present. It's actually really nice to play, especially considering the price. The body is a little bit smaller than my other basses, but it's comfortable for me (since I'm a small person). I put some Chromes on it, but no other modifications have been made. I would say that it would be great for anyone who wants to "test the waters" with fretless without spending a lot of money. I'm really enjoying it!