18v !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Aug 29, 2002.

1. I was mistaken about the preamp for my MTD Kingston. the store gave me the wrong preamp..

they gave me an NTBT 918 instead of a BAE HR-2/2..

the NTBT is is capable of doing 18v, so i plugged in a 2nd battery today

It sounds really, really high-end now.. woah !

I'll record some stuff + put some photo's on my site next sunday..

Bartolini + MTD kingston = :D :D :D
  2. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Dude, sweet. Keep that and post clips quickly. I need my fix.
  3. That's right you'll post some pics and mp3z. I mean--I guess you really do learn something new everyday.:D
  4. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Was your MTD a passive bass ?

Cauz I'm willing to buy a cheap stagg bass and do my own P project ( hey, great job )

I was wondering if a passive bass with its 3 knobs could handle a preamp and a battery ?
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i thought the HR 2.2 is the prewired version of the NTBT that has the pots wires and battery clip.

I dig the NTBT too. I think the great thing about it is that it does change your tone unless you turn the EQ.

6. Yeah, the MTD Kingston is default a passive bass.

I replaced the standard MM-style pickup with a Bartolini, and put in a Bartolini preamp and 2 9v'ers.

Originally it was a 4-knob preamp, but i bypassed the volume and balance buttons, keeping only the Bass and Treble controls.
  7. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Dank je partner...
  8. oh yeah.. ofcourse.. i forgot.. how stupid of me :p

voilla.. les photos :)

The cavity is still a bit messy.. have to clean it up a little ( bind cables together, and put the 2nd battery in a clip. )

9. gumwr

Jun 3, 2002
    Harrisonburg, Va
    allodo x,
    i'm putting an ntbt in my bass this month. i've not been able to find info on converting the "stock" 9v to the "sooped" 18v. how did you do it? any links to schematics? thanks