1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

18vac with Voodoo Pedal Power?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Davidg, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Davidg

Davidg Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I have an interesting pedal that runs on 18v AC. It comes with its own wall-wart but the point of using a Voodoo Pedal Power (which is great!) is consolidation. Two outputs can be combined to achieve 18v but its DC. Will I fry my pedal doing this? Will it even work? Don't want to fool around 'till I get some feedback.

2. You cannot get 18vac out of a standard Voodoo. If you try to run an AC pedal off of DC outlets, you will probably fry it. Voodoo Lab DOES make an AC version of their PP, I imagine you can probably combine two outputs from that one to make 18vac

3. Davidg

Davidg Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Thanks Chief. Just needed to confirm what I already knew!

4. I would assume you have a PP2+? There is a spot on the back you can plug the wall wart into; it is basically equivalent to plugging into the wall. I use it for the power supply for my dbx mini-comp.

5. Davidg

Davidg Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Thanks for the tip. I was hoping to leave the wall wart home altogether but you can't have everything!

6. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    The CIOKS AC-10 has AC taps for 9, 12 or 16 volts as well as standard DC isolated taps. I can highly recommend it if you are interested in checking out other supply options! I used the 16 volt AC tap for an 18 volt pedal with no problems (after asking the pedal builder to make sure it was sufficient). I also hate wall warts, and had I not bought the CIOKs I probably would have replaced my AC-dependant pedal instead...