1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD 1929/1930 AlCoA Aluminum Upright Bass #83

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Pgh_Thump, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Price:
    $1500
    Strings:
    7896B488-C6FA-40D9-BA56-EBA152462E63.jpeg 1929/1930 AlCoA aluminum upright bass #83.

I’ve had this bass for 20 years. It’s obviously been painted and needs a little work (both reasons for the low price), but overall it is in good condition.

If you have any questions or would like additional pictures please message me.

Attached Files:

2. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    pm sent

3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Is this sold?

4. Not officially. Offers are made. PM me.

5. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Withdrawing my full price offer.

This isn't an auction site.

james condino and Steven Ayres like this.
  6. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    Has the price changed?

7. Price has not changed.

8. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    Willing to ship or meet partway? I'm 8 hrs away from you

9. Jerry tyler

Jerry tyler

Jan 14, 2018
    I want it

10. Jerry tyler

Jerry tyler

Jan 14, 2018
    Can you call me if you still have the bass I will come and get it today 214-906-2011

11. james condino

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    Same here; stop playing games with people.

Steven Ayres likes this.
  12. I'm not playing games and I'm not running an auction. I've had several offers on the bass, some of them requiring me to drive long distances, some of them offering to pick it up right at my house, and some of them just not panning out for whatever reason.

When I have cash in hand the bass will be marked as sold (Not just when I receive an offer). It's not going to the highest bidder, it's going for $1500, no more and no less.

13. Jerry tyler

Jerry tyler

Jan 14, 2018

14. Jerry tyler

Jerry tyler

Jan 14, 2018
    Thank you sir

15. james condino

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    It is great that you sold your bass...

..... but you were being a tool during the process to multiple people around here. You wasted people's time, offers were made and then rescinded while you made multiple offers to people at the same time and then after bailing on offers when sellers bailed on you, you made further re-contact and offers to people that you bailed on and then while you had offers in the works and verbal agreements again you posted it for sale here and the list goes on generally acting like a PMSing 14 year old....that is being a tool or a troll or a jerk and not the way this community generally conducts itself.

16. Really? I’m the 14 year old? You’re name calling and posting a childish rant on a public forum.

You didn’t respond to to my PM for a couple days and then you were very short with me when you did. You wanted me to drive halfway to NC to sell the bass and I was up front with you and told you I had other offers that I wanted to entertain first as I had received them before yours. I did have an offer withdrawn initially which added to the confusion.

I’m really surprised this is the way you are acting with the reputation you have. I had multiple positive exchanges with several other members on TB who didn’t get the bass and they aren’t throwing fits. I was nothing but honest and respectful with you and this is how you acted.

17. koricancowboy

koricancowboy Ausberto Acevedo

Jun 10, 2003
    chicago
    Take this spat to a private messaging please.

dan1952 likes this.
  18. krfoss

krfoss Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Respectfully disagree... I'm super entertained.

19. mikewalker

mikewalker

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    ( I see it's marked "SOLD", but) ... I've never heard of these, and I am intrigued... is the neck aluminum, or just the body?

20. koricancowboy

koricancowboy Ausberto Acevedo

Jun 10, 2003
    chicago
    Hahaha!

dan1952 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.