1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1938 Kay Orchestral Model Doublebass for sale.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Mflinn92, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Mflinn92

Mflinn92

Mar 5, 2013
    I'm selling my 1938 Orchestral Model Kay Doublebass.This instrument is from Kay's first year of production, serial number 3008, and is in excellent condition for its age. The tuners, tailpiece, and neck have all been replaced however the body and the scroll are still original. The body has no cracks or other repairs. This bass would make a great instrument for any jazz, bluegrass or student bassist. It served me well all through high school and has a big and mature sound for a plywood bass. It has had professional setup work done and is a very comfortable bass to play on. There is a large scratch on the back of the bass, however it does not affect the structure or sound of the instrument. I'm also including a case, a Conrad Gotz bow, and a david gage realist pickup which is already installed. The current asking price is $2700. The Instrument is located near Chicago, Il, and local pickup is preferred.

Attached Files:

2. Mflinn92

Mflinn92

Mar 5, 2013
    Here are some more pictures.

Attached Files:

3. Mflinn92

Mflinn92

Mar 5, 2013
    A few more pics

Attached Files:

4. Mflinn92

Mflinn92

Mar 5, 2013
    In this one you can see the scratch on the back of the instrument.

Attached Files:

5. Mflinn92

Mflinn92

Mar 5, 2013
    Here is the label for confirmation.

Attached Files:

6. Mflinn92

Mflinn92

Mar 5, 2013
    bump

7. Mflinn92

Mflinn92