1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

1940 Victor Quenoil bass

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by JeremyKurtz, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am selling my 1940's-era Victor Quenoil bass, which I have used as a solo instrument for the past 8 years. It's an exquisite bass for Rabbath-style playing and lighter jazz/pizz playing. It is very even across the registers, and has an incredibly clear and ringing tone.

It is stamped "Victor Quenoil" on the inside (Victor was the brother of Charles, who made Rabbath's bass), and is also stamped "RF 103" on the neck block and the side of the scroll. This indicates that it was one of the basses made for the French Radio orchestras by the Quenoil brothers.

It was restored by the Robertson Violin Shop before I bought it, and I have had additional setup work done by them since then--planing the fingerboard, new bridge (with adjusters), and re-setting the soundpost. I also have a "Laborie style" endpin hole on this bass, since it responds much better with a carbon-fiber endpin than the usual steel one.

The color on the second photo is more accurate (the first is a bit washed out)--and you can see the lovely 'crackled' finish better on the second photo as well.

It has been a great bass for me, but I am now focusing on 'heavier' playing, and can't afford to keep it.

Asking price: $28,000

Attached Files:

2. This photo shows the actual color more accurately. The full bass shot is a little washed out.

-Jeremy

Attached Files:

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.