1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1950's German Laminated Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by scott reed, Mar 16, 2013.

1. scott reed

scott reed Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Memphis
    1950's German laminated bass in very good condition. This bass doesn't have a brand name, there is a label inside that says "Handarbilt aus Mittenwald" (Handmade in Mittenwald, Germany).

This is an excellent sounding and playing bass. It has a surprising amount of sustain and growl for a plywood bass, and the response is very even. Good for jazz, also bows well with nice arco tone. It has a very slender neck, similar to some of the old Kays, 41" scale. There are no cracks and the neck has never been broken, a little wear on the edges in spots, but less than average. Adjustable bridge, currently strung with Spirocore Solos. Comes with a K&K Bass Max pickup and a soft bag. Very comfortable to play.

I got this bass from tb'er Bobby King last year. Eb necks just aren't my thing. $1250.00 firm, no trades, picked up. Otherwise, you pay shipping and packing. I have an old Shen trunk I'll include for shipping if you want it. Paypal ok.

2. scott reed

scott reed Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Memphis
    bump for new price - $1000

3. JoshAckerley

JoshAckerley Gold Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Could you post any pics or send me a few?