1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1954 STYLE FENDER PRECISION BASS ! (KILLER BASS FOR $450)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dark Horse, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    FIRST: There's no way in hell I'd sell this if I didn't need the money.

SOLD !!!!

That said, it's a killer bass. It is made from a CV50's body/bridge/guard, and a MADE in Japan (MIJ) 51 neck and tuners. It has an electrosocket jack, a rails pickup (no noise, great tone), D'Addario Chromes (45-100), and a set of covers. Just a killer looking, sounding, and playing bass. I don't have a scale, but I would guess it is around 9#. I've done a bunch of gigs with it with no shoulder pain whatsoever, and I broke my neck a few years back...so I'm VERY "weight conscious".

Pics tell the rest of the story. In great shape, minor scratches and dings from gigging, but overall an incredibly good bass. The pics were taken today.

A STEAL at $450 Shipped in the continental USA

Paypal Only

BIGBLUE019.jpg

BIGBLUE016.jpg

BIGBLUE013.jpg

BIGBLUE011.jpg

BIGBLUE010.jpg

BIGBLUE007.jpg

BIGBLUE008.jpg

2. rhino333

rhino333 Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Western NY State
    What brand of PUP are you running?

3. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Not sure - it's just a "rails" style pup I had in my parts bin. I don't think it's a Duncan (but I can't remember for sure)...probably an Artec or something similar...but it sounds great and is nice and quiet.

I know, not much help - but the pickup would be easy and cheap for you to change if you didn't like this one. I run my amp "flat", and always get compliments from the FOH person on the tone.

============================================

BTW: If you priced out the parts to build this bass, you'd be WAY over what I'm asking. Just the neck would be $300-$400 on Ebay. :)

4. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Forgot to mention - I upgraded the electronics to CTS pots and a NOS Paper In Oil cap.

BIGBLUE020.jpg

5. funk generator

funk generator Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Johnson City, TN
    Dark horse really is cooler than 2 fonzies tied together with a snake! :) Bump for a great guy, and a beauty of a bass!

(ill send pictures of the boob bass when i finish it, neck fits great!)

6. man. I buy a bass, and a ton of cool basses pop up. Free bumps.

7. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the kind words !

Definitely send/post some pictures of the Boob Bass when it gets done ! Glad you could use the neck.

============================================

Anyone interested in this bass....make me a "stupid" offer tonight - I might just take it !!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    SOLD !

9. truman3

truman3

Dec 7, 2009
    TEXAS
    PAYMENT SENT!!!

Nice doing business with you!

10. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Back atcha !

Glad we were able to work a deal....have a GREAT evening !

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.