1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

For Sale 1956/57 American Standard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by joeycbassman, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Hi Talkbass,

I have for sale my trusty 1956 American Standard upright. I hate to sell this beautiful lady, but unfortunately it has to happen. I purchased this bass from the amazing folks at Lemur Music, and I haven't been disappointed with it one bit. Here is a link to a video that they posted before I bought the bass.

It has a great tone and plays like a dream. It is now equipped with a Fishman Full Circle pickup, which is one of the best I have used on an upright. It will come with a very nice Lemur Music gig bag, a bridge mute, a clip on tuning mic, and rosin, as well as a glasser german bow. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks for checking it out. I can send you some more detailed pics upon request.

I am asking $3200, don't hesitate to ask additional questions about any details I may have missed. Thanks.

396139_2409205758066_237623402_n.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2014
    DaveAceofBass likes this.
  2. 834federal

834federal David Brodie Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Philadelphia
    nice bass! When i sell mine (Juzek) I want to come up and play that thing (I'm in Philly)

3. 834federal

834federal David Brodie Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Philadelphia
    BTW, do you ever make it down to Philly?

4. Location? Negotiable?

5. Hey guys, thanks for the interest. I've never been to Philly, but I would definitely like to take a trip there someday.

You are welcome to come by and play it anytime! I live in San Dimas, Ca 91773.

I don't have time for the bass right now and I would like it to go to a loving home, so please don't hesitate to throw me an offer. Thanks again.

-Joey

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  6. Hello...what are the dimensions of the bass, including the string length from nut to bridge?

7. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    This is a killing deal. If I needed a bass, this would be it!

8. Thanks for all the interest. I appreciate it.
    The string length (from the bottom of the nut) is just slightly over 43". I believe this is considered a 3/4 size bass, but it feels a lot like a 7/8, which is very comfortable. Let me know if you have any more questions!

9. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Yup. These basses have a slightly longer string length, but narrow neck. The body is a 3/4 size but string length is a little longer. You have to spread your fingers a little more, but the narrow yet thicker neck helps to allow your hand to have good positioning.

10. Are you willing to ship?

11. If you can help me out with all of the logistics involved with the shipping process, I am completely willing to ship the bass. Let me know if you are interested, thanks!

12. Still for sale. Let me know if you are interested

13. I would like to give this one more shot to see if anyone might be interested. Let me know if you have any questions or you would like to set up an appointment to see the bass. Thanks.

14. Also price drop to $3000 or best offer. Thanks.

15. Still thinking about selling. Starting to change my mind a little bit. Perhaps a trade plus cash would work for me. I just need a decent playing student bass at the moment. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thanks.

16. K. Powell

K. Powell Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2014
    are you still trying to sell this bass? I'm in the inland empire.

17. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    pm'ed

18. K. Powell

K. Powell Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2014
    What does "pm'ed" mean?

19. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Former Mannes College Theory Faculty Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Ridgewood, NJ
    PM is a private message sent here on TB. You should (I do, anyway) get an email when someone sends you such a thing.

-S-

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021