1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1957 Kay Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by anightintunisia, Dec 10, 2018.

1. anightintunisia

anightintunisia Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my 1957 Kay upright double bass. This bass is set up and ready to go, doesn't need anything. I've done many a bluegrass gig and recording sessions on the bass. Dark in the bottom, very punchy at the top. I'm downsizing and letting go of a few basses I don't play as much. The photos are a few years old, Randy Hunt has since put a new endpin and tailwire on the bass. He also secured the neck joint. It's in excellent heath, I still gig with it occasionally. Priced to sell.

Comes with a very good bass bag, plus a realist copper pickup. Currently has Zyex strings. Not interested in trades. Price is soliy firm. Located here in Nashville, TN. Come over and try the bass out.

Attached Files:

nbsipics, rknea, BobKay and 1 other person like this.
  2. anightintunisia

anightintunisia Supporting Member

Sold!