1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1957 Kay C-1 upright bass, exc. cond. w/ Fishman pickup, stand, bag

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by val9, Apr 8, 2015.

1. val9

val9

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, RI
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a prime example of the vintage Kay upright bass that is in high demand by professional folk, bluegrass, and rockabilly bassists. The bass is in excellent condition. It has a few nicks here and there, as would be expected on a 58- year old instrument, but otherwise is absolutely beautiful. The neck has never been damaged, which is unusual for Kay basses of this vintage. It is a joy to play and it booms with a full, rich sound.
    The bass comes with a Fishman Full Circle pickup, which produces great sound (I have used it both directly plugged into a bass amp, or through a preamp into a PA- either way works great) and minimizes feedback (I've never had a problem with it.) I bought the bass four years ago from a professional bassist who used to work for Fishman and was one of the developers of the Full Circle, and he installed it for me (note: some of these photos were taken before the pickup was installed)
    . The bass is strung with Thomastik Spirocore Weichs, which are well-suited for this bass.
    Besides the bass and pickup, the price of $3500 includes an Ingles adjustable bass stand and a gig bag. Local pickup in East Greenwich, RI only .
    Kay Bass pickup 1 (VAL photo).JPG Kay Bass neck. Kay Bass back 3-4 view. Kay Bass tailpiece. Kay Bass label. Kay Bass pickup 2 (VAL photo).JPG Kay Bass label. Kay Bass body. Kay Bass full view. Kay Bass 3-4 view. Kay Bass pickup 1 (VAL photo).JPG Kay Bass neck. Kay Bass back 3-4 view. Kay Bass tailpiece.

Kay Bass 3-4 view.
    • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  2. val9

val9

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, RI
    Bump

3. val9

val9

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, RI
    Bump

4. val9

val9

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, RI
    bump

5. val9

val9

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, RI
    bump

6. val9

val9

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, RI
    Will consider any reasonable offer.

7. val9

val9

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, RI
    Bump

8. Bassonballs

Bassonballs

Sep 30, 2015
    Is this still available?

9. val9

val9

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, RI
    It sold a few months ago- I forgot to note that on this posting- sorry!