1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1959 (pre CBS) Fender Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Glenbow, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Glenbow

Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    Price:
    $5500.
    Strings:
    Your chance to own an affordable and beautiful vintage P bass. It served me well but I'm nervous about taking it out and I want to buy a Lakland Bob Glaub for gigging and maybe pay some bills while I'm at it.

Original C neck is solid maple with walnut skunk stripe, in great shape with a little discoloring around the back edges, but otherwise a beauty. Original frets, spaghetti logo decal, bone nut, lacquer all still intact and the neck is a dream to play. The bass has had flatwound strings for most of the time since I bought it and frets are in good shape. Will ship with flats installed.

Body refinished in light butterscotch (dark cream?) nitro by Brian Monty Guitars, no dings to speak of but a very light finish scratch on the back that could probably be touched up if you think it's even necessary. Original pickups, bridge, knobs, anodised aluminium pickguard.

Wiring harness and pots had been swapped for newer ones before I bought the bass but it now has an original ’58 harness, pots, cap & cloth wire. Serial number is 34462. Buyer pays shipping .. I'm in Ottawa, Canada. Listed price is US currency.

Sorry I don't have recent photos's but will try to post some soon. Here's a couple for now ..

1959 Fender P Bass 9. 1959 Fender P Bass 2.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  2. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Nice! And I have a giant tax bill due next week! :(

3. Beautiful. Wish I had the spare $!

4. Glenbow

Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    Yes .. the skunk stripe was standard on the solid maple P necks from 1957-'59 when slab rosewood boards were introduced.

5. Glenbow

Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    a few more photos ..

Attached Files:

6. Glenbow

Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    The bass is now at the 12th Fret in Toronto. Thanks to all who've shown interest.

neal davis likes this.
  7. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    If I were a rich man .....

8. Glenbow

Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    Bass sold today. Thanks again.