1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 1960 Fender P Bass Olympic White Refin *UPDATED DESCRIPTION*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Frankie J, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Frankie J

Frankie J Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Price:
    $5700
    Strings:
    Hey guys

Up for grabs is my beloved 1960 Precision Bass. All the tone, vibe, and mojo you would expect from a pre-cbs vintage fender. It is an absolute delight playing her, but I have some finances to cover in the near future, so it’s time she moves to a new home.

I purchased this bass from Joey Landreth some time ago. It was his brother Dave’s bass, but Joey brokered the sale. It was used to record all the tracks on Joey’s “Whiskey” record, which has some of the tastiest guitar work you’ll hear IMO

Here’s a Spotify link to the album.

The body was sanded down and refinished in Olympic white at some point in its life. When it was redone, it was sanded down about 1/8 of an inch all around.

Neck is straight and stable, low action, 1 3/4” at the nut, frets have a fair bit of wear.

Aside from the refin, everything is original on this bass. (I am unsure about the pickguard). I don’t have the original case but a reunion blues aero will be included. Photos are from when I purchased the bass as noting has changed on it.

This is a players bass for sure. Here’s a chance to have a coveted piece of pre-cbs fender history that won’t cost you a collectors mint price.

Reasonable offers accepted. Will split shipping costs with buyer, but will drive a good distance to meet up to avoid shipping it. Paypal accepted. Will ship once payment clears

Partial trade plus cash considerations:
    Newer Moollon P bass with rosewood board
    Fender AVRI P bass with rosewood board

If you have questions, feel free to reach out!

Thanks!

fdorgwxn7zobo4s1bhwp. saykdjlzfno4nmtjz9lr. vd7ydraavpmjqpb3l1at. e9dq63rlbazl8wk93jzg. i5u4scfd3yyvc3e8bkrn. mwvtrvmnhlhz7aeur3t6. bn4ma5ysilrowhjkw8ia. r57fq8kok3mikwamzyj6. fsdvsqrbdobwaesx7bqt. cbwsfrqukt2leum8cz7l. htcruhdpu5nefunnpdgm. ime2vbhmb8snkvesd1gs. qnymkultjmxkq9f84ohc. rancr12ucufl805brzum. ncs3xhcxo6ldugtbwoyd. dvupi3hhzjxhacjwsvun. kuzfop3s53vwyqvjn7io. lgq4j0jyina0swumk1t4. v6fu5krn5xvgzya9sglq.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    TolerancEJ, ElMon, Willicious and 4 others like this.
  2. joker820

joker820 Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Gorgeous! I’m going to say the pickguard isn’t original but that’s common. Do you happen to know the weight?

3. Frankie J

Apr 21, 2012
    Thanks! My gut says the pick guard is aftermarket, but the person I purchased the bass from didn’t confirm or deny. I’ll get you a bathroom scale weight tomorrow. :thumbsup:

joker820 likes this.
  4. The Bass Clef

The Bass Clef “the brian” Gold Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Southern California
    The pickguard is vintage, but it’s the late ‘60s-early ‘70s style/pattern/color.

joker820 and Frankie J like this.
  5. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Supporting Member

You can buy an accurate hand-held digital luggage scale on eBay or Amazon for less than ten bucks shipped. Great for weighing basses.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Frankie J likes this.
  6. Frankie J

Apr 21, 2012
    Thanks for the insight!

The Bass Clef likes this.
  7. Frankie J

Apr 21, 2012
    8.0 lb flat on my bathroom scale. The body on this one is super light!

joker820 likes this.
  8. Frankie J

Apr 21, 2012
    Updated the description to include some history about this particular bass.

9. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Sweet! Guessing the pots and cap are also late 60s, possibly even came with the pickguard. ;-)

10. joker820

joker820 Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Not necessarily. Tough to see pot codes and cap could be .01 ceramic which I believe is correct.

s_wood and Frankie J like this.